1 reply to this topic

#1 glow1

glow1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:15 PM

I Took my bike into the shop for the 12,000 mile service and to have the starter replaced, they dropped it on the right side damaging both brakes, rt mirror, fairing , tank and cracked back end over triple pipes completely across back, When I got it back the clutch doesn't shift smooth and makes a rattling noise, could the impact cause internal damage to my bike? The guy at BMW was detailing it and pushed it off center stand from the side and slipped and back of bike hit building then ground. cosmetics repaired but bike not running right....HELP

#2 Shawn

Shawn

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 196 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR
  • Previous Bikes:99 Adventurer, 01 Daytona 955i, 95 Daytona900

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:00 AM

This isn't an official Triumph site, but I would just take the bike back to the shop that did the repairs and ask them to make it right.

It's hard to say if the fall damaged the internal parts. I once broke a shift lever on an Adventurer 900, in a standing-still fall in my garage (I messed up) and the internal shaft had to be replaced as well. Try not to worry about your bike too much, if the shop hadn't checked the internals then it would be reasonable to run a diagnostic and recheck to determine the cause.

Hope this helps,

Shawn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users